14 April 2008

Shallowness

maybe it's just me, but sometimes I think I would sell my soul for a pair of Manolo Blahniks and an opportunity to wear them.

or maybe it's just the spring fashion magazine in the NYTimes.

I don't wear nice clothes (desk job/8mo old), and I don't get out much (desk job pay/8mo old), and I'm not particularly fond of my body right now (hmm, desk job/8mo old), but I do so love to look at fashion and I have a dangerous obsession with high heels. they've always made me feel powerful and sexy.

plus looking at the skeletons the magazines consider beautiful cracks me up. colt legs, flat chests, concave bellies, no ass? this is attractive? plus it appears that junky chic is back in, along with huge glossy red lips. I have as many self-image problems as the next girl, but I've never wanted to look like the Olsen twins, who look like they've been mummified. I do miss the Greta Garbo's, Marilyn's, and Betty Page's - still thin, but with va-voom, if ya know what I mean (wink wink). women that I'd do if I did women.

so, the point I'm getting to is - am I the only shallow enough to considered shoes worth my soul? everyone has their price, right, but I'm starting to wonder if mine is too low . . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude - it's been like 12 Tuesdays since you've given me anything to read about... except for the 5 books. They're good, but no SYNT! Happy Sunday. Jeff